NavBar

home about me FAQ contact me disclaimer

Friday, September 27, 2013

Forms of Social Media

I'm writing this on my phone right now because my laptop is in my room, but I wanted to update because I am so angry.

I have friends that understand what position I am in. They understand and I'm glad.
With the various forms of social media in the market today, apparently it's not right for me to restart my own blog.

I've been writing on the internet for 11 years now.
I've been connected to the World Wide Web since AOL 1.0 came out on Windows 98.

I've been through dial up, cable, satellite- you name it.
I've also been through T-mobile, Cingular, Verizon, and AT&T.

There was also charter, directv, comcast, time warner.


There's so many types of social media. YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, xanga, MySpace, Facebook, Google+, LiveJournal... SO MANY.

But what ticks me off is that some people think you have to limit yourself to one type. When you don't. You really don't. The world is a creative outlet and you can do with it what you want.

So when I blog, I blog because it gives me not only something to do, but the opportunity to share. Even if people don't read it! I don't care! It's out there, ready to be approached. And at least I attempted it. I don't feel like I have to consult on something entirely different. I don't have to, I shouldn't have to. It's my life.

However, being completely cut out from something where my ideas were used sucks. It's like having part of your creative identity being stripped. And trust me, I have plenty of experience of feeling like that after taking many classes. The way this was approached was done incorrectly (in my opinion).

Some situations are inevitable to occur. It happens. But man, talk about totally pulling the rug from under your feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts