NavBar

home about me FAQ contact me disclaimer

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Taking Chances

ALERT: Spoil alert from a movie from too many years ago.


Friend 1:there's going to be a one direction movie? r u serious? why?
Acquaintance 1:just in case they havent made enough money yet
Friend 1:what's it gonna be about how their music changes lives? Yeah, no.
Me:Oh that's mean.


Now let me begin by saying that I enjoy watching films. (At this very moment I'm actually watching "The Day After Tomorrow." I do enjoy this type of films. I don't know why. I'm a huge cry baby too.) Anyways,  I enjoy watching films and listening to music. And then I hear about music artists making films about their stories and their music.

The conversation right here was something that was brought up on Facebook. Of course, I just chimed in because everyone has a story, but not everyone gets to see or hear them. Some of the most influential people in the world are artists. As we know, they give people something to dance to, something to cry to, and most importantly, something to relate to.

I thought films like these would be a joke. I thought they were dumb. What I didn't think about was how their stories could effect my life. You might think that's a joke. You might think I'm absolutely mental. You're right. I probably am.

You see, as people we are continuously learning about well, everything. (Interruption: I've seen this film at least 5 times and it still gives me goosebumps. 10 minutes til everything goes apeshit.) But yes, we are continuously learning about little things and big things whether we know it or not.

And that made me think about this blog post and what I learned about these type of films, (FINALLY GETTING TO IT!), taking chances.

If you're anything like me, taking chances is terrifying. I'm quite shy. I really am. And if there's one thing I wish I could have done more in the past, it's taking more chances. But no regrets. And what am I going to do? Try to take more chances. We'll go with try because I'm chicken shit and I know I will end up backing out 50% of the time. (The guy just sacrificed himself. Cue the crying.)

Okay, back to the point of things. These people in the films did one thing: took a chance. And look where it got them! The people that achieve something they're proud of. I'm not only talking about famous people you call celebrities either. Yeaaaaah, they all took chances too - the chance to put themselves out there.

However, I'm not only talking about them. I'm talking about doctors, firefighters, paramedics, engineers, perhaps your mom, probably your dad, and maybe even the strange person across the cafeteria. They've all taken a chance to become what they We all take chances, really, we do. But how many of us take the chances we can to effectively make ourselves proud of what we can achieve? How many of us actually do that?

I know I don't. So maybe this could be my promise to you that I will try to take more of these crazy chances. [Man, I'm sorry this is such a shit post. Every time this film plays I get so damn distracted by everything, writing included.] Honestly though, if I didn't take a chance on watching those films I would have never learned the things I did from them and their struggles. Everyone has a story and they're intriguing to watch.

POINT OF THIS POST BECAUSE I'M SO FAR DEEP INTO THIS FILM:

TAKE MORE CHANCES!

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry about being shy as they say, the shyest people have the loudest minds. It's funny that you found an intellectual message from a one direction movie. I agree we should all take more chances i mean Harry Styles and the others that i don't know the names of would want us to, we gotta "live while we're young" (and thats all the one direction i know, well, tried) I look forward to more posts. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love! It always find the strangest connections between things. I don't know why... but it just happens. Haha (& Don't worry about 1D - it's surprising how much you learn with a younger cousin around ;) )

      Delete

Popular Posts