NavBar

home about me FAQ contact me disclaimer

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Piercings and Tattoos

Two words: piercings & tattoos.

Okay so that's three words but I'm primarily focused on the bolded. They're like pringles, once ya pop, ye just can't stop.

I love piercings.
and
I love tattoos.

I don't know what it is about ink. I just enjoy how each design can be your own. And the pain? It's only temporary. And in two weeks, it's art. And piercings? Piercings, when done right, can be absolutely beautiful.

And by being done right, I mean with a needle.

Under no circumstances should you get a piercing or tattoo because it's cheap. A tip? RESEARCH.

Research where.
Research cleanliness.
Research past work.
Research price.
Research artist.
Research pain.
Research healing time.

And make sure it's something that you want. Something that you really want. Especially with tattoos. Unless you roll in a bed of bills every night like I do --- in my dreams, then tattoos are something permanent that you can't just erase the next day when you get sick of it.

And I 'm a girl of change. I compulsively change my passwords. My email. My hair. And most annoyingly, my mind. But the tattoos that I do have, I carefully and meticulously planned w/meaning. Well, the first one with the most meaning. The second one, I was in this whole phase of life. Hahaha. I mean, it represents just one aspect of my personality. The problem with is, people think that it's like my mantra. Which it isn't. It's just a reminder of what to remember. A memory trigger.

And so with these tattoos, I'm satisfied. I'm happy. And with the thrill of one, I wanted another. And now I just want another one. And another. It's a disease. But the setback? The price. Tattoos and piercings are a very big, "you get what you pay for" ordeal. In this world, if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.

So I guess what I'm getting to here is:

  • Make sure it's what you really want.
  • Don't just get one because it's the cool thing to do.
  • Research the hell out of the place and person you're going to.

    If all else fails, ask a person who has ink that you adore where they went and who their artist is. (In fact, I want my next tattoo done by my sisters artist. He does AMAZING work.) The artist I actually go to is expensive and while I love his work and all, triple money signs isn't something I can afford on a student budget. Some things you have to be realistic with.
  • Again, research what you want.
  • Now wait a year. (If you want it after a year, okay!)
  • Research everything you can possibly think of.
  • Have your money, and don't be a stiff, tip!
  • Be prepared for the pain. Don't take advil or tylenol or drink - that thins up your blood and makes clotting difficult. They WILL NOT tattoo or pierce you in that state anyways. And if they do, HUGE sign you should be going there.
  • Grab their card and contact number in case you have follow up questions.
  • Ask questions, you'll get answers.
  • And last but not least, talk to them. They're human. They have feelings. They have cool stories.
I'm a huge supporter of tattoos and piercings! And yes, I do worry how they might look later in life - which is why I have mine in more inconspicuous places. But it's really up to you as an individual to make the decision. If you want to cover yourself in tattoos and piercings, go for it by all means. However, be forewarned, employees still judge about this because of the clean appearance thing.

In my opinion, you cannot justify a person's work ethic by their looks. Sadly, that's the case in many companies these days. (Even with that, I still love piercings and tattoos.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts