NavBar

home about me FAQ contact me disclaimer

Sunday, August 11, 2013

One Direction - US Leg Tour

Yesterday I had the privilege of attending the closing concert of the US Leg of One Direction's Take Me Home Tour.

My cousin has been dreaming of seeing these 5 good-looking boys since I unintentionally gave her that "One Direction Infection" last summer. Being blessed with the chance to have already seen the boys perform live 2-3 times in the past and meet a few of them in person, I wanted to be able to make her dream come true.

Being the major procrastinator that I am... I never do things on time. And if I do, well shit! That's a huge plus. Obtaining tickets for concerts through Ticketmaster and what not is virtually impossible to me. Therefore, I try going to the venue the day they are sold out or periodically check the value of tickets throughout the course until the concert. Then one day, if I see something close to face value - I drop. I drop and I grab and I punch til I get. Just not into the itty bitty titties like some of the children I've seen do at these things.

Was a long, long day - & in the end she was graced with the presence of One Direction. The screams reached decibels that probably destroyed my ear drums so she took the one pair of ear plugs I had after one song. The boys gave an incredible performance with a cake fight, water fight, biscuits & cereal & fire extinguishers. It was mental! Absolutely mental. Harry threw out his Kings Jersey to the audience. Zayn hit the high notes. Louis was cracking jokes and calling Niall, 'Neil.' They were all pouring water on each other. They were all throwing food at each. Including the band. You can clearly observe just how much Niall loves guitars. Zayn just kept looking calm, cool and collected. Louis and Niall looked like they were always planning some thing. Harry looked extremely focused. Liam was just all smiles. And the fact that these boys just wanted to put on an amazing show for their last concert of the US leg. Well shit, they succeeded. At one point, Liam came running down the ramp & well you can see here: Liam and Louis - WMYB. And yet it was still a concert to remember with the dance off and the group hug at the end. And their exit. Niall wouldn't leave the stage so Harry had to come up and pull him down. Liam also got stuck in the box for a minute too.

Such a great performance.
Such a blessing.

and such an enjoyment to see a 10 year old go to her first concert ever and have it be the ONE band she's ultimately loved for the past year and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts