NavBar

home about me FAQ contact me disclaimer

Friday, August 9, 2013

Vidcon 2013

Hello! So VidCon 2013 was this past weekend on August 1st - August 3rd. I honestly didn't get a lot of pictures because I was busy walking around. However, I did manage to meet loads of cool, talented people so I would say my time at VidCon was well spent!

 A friend of mine, Taylor, was passing out #TeamDeodorant travel size deodorants to enforce the idea of deodorant. Quite truthfully, I support this movement as well... it's not bad to want to not smell!

So on Friday, we arrived at the hotel and registered for VidCon. We were going to be in earlier buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut some mishap happened and I ended up waiting in my car for half an hour wanting to sleep as I only had gotten 2 - 3 hours of sleep the night before. (I know, I'm horrible.) The hotel lobby was already filled with LOADS, and I mean LOADS, of fangirls. And it was absolutely insane. Took us about an hour to register only because I didn't drive out the night before since my hotel reservation wasn't until Friday. Throughout the day, I met random people. I officially met Taylor for the first time and her friends, Darla and Kaleb. Nice people, nice people.

I also recognized a few faces of people on Twitter - but hey, I'm painstakingly shy and didn't go up to them. I did end up meeting Tay Zonday - & let me tell you, his voice really is that amazing in person.


I also met a loads of people in the elevator. I can try to name of all them but I don't know how that'd go to be honest. But hey, let's try anyways: #elevatorcon2013.

- Luke Conard, Dave Aday, Adam Stanton, Joe Sugg, Louis (Fun for Louis), Darcy, Maz, random fangirls. And that's all I can think of off the top of my head. (Forgive me, it's almost half past 2 in the morning! That night I also ended up meeting a few of my neighbors & their guests: Jake Coco, Corey Gray, Tyler Ward, Frank Sacramone, and Patrick.

I'm starting to see this trend of guys....
Anyways!

Jake and Corey were headed to the Marriott but decided to have a little concert in the hallway. Oops! It was all in good fun in our defense!

And oh look, there's Adam who just came down the hall from who knows where.


On Day 2 of Vidcon, we pretty much did the same thing again - walked around and talked to people. We had a little dance session with the ladies at the Kia booth so they invited us to this more intimate interview session with Laina - Overly Attached Girlfriend and Tyler Ward. To be honest, those fan girls were brutal... and someone punched me in the boob. But the two together where hilarious and I think it's the only thing I sat through while at VidCon... except a meal... cause food is food.





We would randomly walk into other YouTubers and people around VidCon which was quite tiring yet still exciting.

Saturday night was VidCon prom and we probably showed up for the last 10-15 minutes. Yet, we had a dance circle going... thanks to Neeners! There I met TheDJT (is it bad I don't know you're name still? Hahaha.) and Carson... who were the most significant from what I remember cause they actually helped form the circle for everyone. But hey, it got pretty good you know?!

And we danced.
And danced.
And danced.


And I tweeted.
And we all danced.


Did I mention we danced?!


Back at the hotel lobby with the hundreds of screaming fangirls running around, we ran into Frank Sacramone - who had to suffer because of me (and I really do apologize for forcing you to do that...) Hahaha. But here he is being "fangirled." ;)



The night ended with a bang when we were given the chance to hang out and mingle with KevLABeast, Furious Pete, Nick Pitera, Andrew Garcia, Tyler Ward, and Boyce Avenue. Also had the chance to meet Graham from YT and Eric from Collective. And last but not least, Grace and Tanner... who I pinky promised but he disappeared so he's kind of irrelevant now.

Sunday was Disney day which only ended with us at Downtown Disney. I ended up meeting these Australian guys in the check out line... I only got one name, his name was Troye (which later I found out was Troye Sivan - also the reason why I know how to spell it now).

And that was a gist of Vidcon. Oh so much happened and I tried my best to condense it... sort of failed but so much can happen in two days! All the people I met were talented and nice - except for some of the fangirls who were creepy.... and punched me in the boob.... and also tried kicking me off the guest deck when I got lost in that labyrinth hotel....

Until next year at VidCon! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts