NavBar

home about me FAQ contact me disclaimer

Friday, August 16, 2013

5 o'clock in the morning.

It is 5 AM. Well almost 6 now. And when I think of 5 o'clock in the morning, T-Pain plays fluidly in my mind.

Except I don't like that song much.
It sort of screams desperation.
Just sort of.

I've been in and out of consciousness for the past 12 - 15 hours now.
I've got bug bites that cover about 25% of my calves.
And they hurt. And they itch. And apparently, I scratch them in my sleep.

I found out precisely why they say not to have medication and alcohol.
I found out why the hard way.
I found out that even though I used to be one of those people who rattled, "don't do it! don't do it!"

I still did it.
And wow.

These insect bites on my legs are painful. I have no idea what bit me. I have no idea when it happened. All i know is that they hurt and it sucks when I can't scratch it... but like I said, I scratch them in my sleep. And that only makes it 10x worse.

So to help the relieve the pain because these unsightly things just scream "EW," I took a healthy, and by healthy - I mean HEALTHY, dose of Children's Benadryl.

And for the next few hours I was in and out of consciousness fighting a battle with the antihistamines.
(I just touched one bite and now it's itching like MAD. Help?!)

But yes, a little family reunion and a shot of Jameson later about 2 hours of my Benadryl intake - I was knocked out on the couch with a 7 year old child sitting on top of me. Literally, the kid was sitting on me and I had no recollection of that. I woke up a good 45 minutes later and for the rest of the afternoon until maybe 11, shots pursued.

The 7 year old was given a bath, dishes were washed, hydration was given all under the influence of the Jameson and Benadryl. And to be quite honest, I don't remember much at all. I remember giving the child a 5 count station wash. Every 5 seconds he would wash his hair, or his butt, or something else. And 5 seconds later he was wrapped up and sent to fetch his pajamas. And 5 seconds later he was put in his pajamas ready for bed. Blackout.

And then I remember washing dishes. And I'm kind of a stickler when it comes to that sort of thing. I wash meticulously. I wash carefully. I washed and had no idea what happened. Blackout.

But I was still drowsy from that Benadryl. And still tipsy from the Jameson.
And the combination of the two was not a good one.

Don't do it.
Don't ever do it.
I felt like cake icing flying because of Bennie.
I felt like sailboats like to sail on air because of Jamie.

And Bennie and Jamie worked together to rock me to bed in order for no recollection of the events that day.

Oh and we facetimed my army bro.

If you're ever sick, or ever under medication that induces drowsiness.... try not to drink.
They tell you not to for a reason.
You don't want to learn the hard way.

It sucks. And it's hot.
And now I'm awake at 6 AM.
What a pointless post.
Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts